LEGRANDE AFFAIRE Limousine Service, Inc. has developed an excellent reputation and continues to set the industry standard for the highest quality livery service in the entire Bay Area. As a result of our continued growth and success, LEGRANDE AFFAIRE Limousine Service, Inc. offers tremendous professional growth opportunity within the reservation/sales department. Service representatives at LEGRANDE AFFAIRE Limousine Service, Inc. are required to consider the customer their number one priority. Our focus is complete and attentive service in every consideration, for customers, on the telephone, on the premises or in a vehicle. All customers, LEGRANDE AFFAIRE Limousine Service, Inc. employees and management are to be treated in a fair, honest, ethical and professional business manner at all times.
Achieve the minimum sales quota per week as established by management. (see “Quotas” in the Wage and Commission Agreement for Service Representatives)
Meet the minimum daily quota of 50 mail outs per day to potential clients, send them the appropriate service packages, various sales literature and brochures on a daily basis.
Lead slip all clients who call in requesting quotes and/or information, which do not book reservations when they first call. If you are unable to book a reservation when a client first calls, for any reason, you are required to turn the call over to another service representative to attempt to close and book the reservation for the customer.
Develop corporate leads and develop rapport with the corporate representatives. Lead slip, mail out corporate packages and follow up with all of the corporate leads to develop them into corporate accounts.
Follow up on and attempt to sell all clients that have been placed on a lead slip and/or have had packages, sales literature or brochures mailed to them.
Fully completed daily agent worksheets are required and are to be given to the sales manager daily, at the end of your shift. The statistics gathered on the worksheet are vital for management to monitor the operation and performance of the company. It is extremely important to be thorough and accurate. All of the information slots on the worksheet need to be filled in with correct information. The worksheet needs to be filled out progressively through out the workday. Additionally, the worksheet functions as a log that will help you monitor your performance. When properly used you are capable of pin pointing areas of needed improvement.
Receive management approval for any rates below what you are authorized to discount. The contract must be initialed by the manager who approved the rate for you to receive credit for the sale. The order for rate approval is to see the sales manager first, if that individual is not available you get the approval from the operations manager or their assistant in their absence, if they are not available you get approval from the general manager.
Follow up on all details to complete every contract accurately.
Fully know, understand and use the cancellation policy as outlined by your sales guide. Service representatives must read and phone record the complete cancellation policy and reconfirm the contents of the contract with each customer, so that every customer is fully aware of, understands and agrees to, the conditions of the cancellation policy, and accuracy of the contents of the contract, without exception.
Knowledge of all rates and minimum hourly requirements, including special rates and minimum hourly requirements for holidays and peak seasons. Additionally, you must have knowledge of check accepting procedures, time frames for accepting checks, proper credit card accepting procedures as to when to put the charge on hold or charge it off. Collect deposits or approval amounts as outlined in your sales guide.
Full knowledge of all the amenities, interiors and exteriors of every limousine, vehicle and sedan in the fleet.
Service representatives must have a full understanding of the paper work flow and the processes involved from when a reservation is first made until it is completed.
Each representative is responsible for incoming telephone calls and walk in customers. When business is not incoming, service representative are to make concentrated efforts to make sales by making outgoing calls. Bridal lists, lead slips telemarketing and various other resources are to be utilized to make out going calls.
Service representatives must have the ability to deal with walk in customers and sell service on a face-to-face basis. Walk in customers are monitored and distributed in rotation by the front office.
Service representatives must have the ability to type and be able to operate the reservation computer system. All reservations are entered into the computer system. Service representatives must understand the reservation system and be able to utilize it.
Utilize the telephone system and be ethical with the incoming call rotation cycle. The incoming phone call rotation cycle operates so that as a call comes in, the first call is directed to a service representative workstation. The second call that comes in is directed to the next service representative workstation, in order. The third call that comes in is directed to the next service representative workstation, in order. This process is continued until all of the representative workstations have received an incoming phone call. The cycle rotates back to the first service representative workstation when every workstation has received a call. This rotation cycle is repeated continuously so that every service representative has the same number of incoming phone calls in rotation. There is a “Three Ring Rule” which is that if a service representatives work station has an incoming call, and the service representative does not answer the call by the 3rd ring, for any given reason, any service representative can answer the call. If a service representative comes in on their own time, the only calls they can answer are the ones directed to their workstation in rotation order. They also may participate in the three-ring rule program.
All service representatives are required to attend and participate in all sales training classes along with various other selling and industry specific seminars.
Monday morning sales meetings are held from 7:30 AM to 8:30 AM on the first Monday of each month unless otherwise posted. Attendance is mandatory.
Company meetings are held at 7PM on the first Wednesday of every month and attendance is highly recommended. There is a considerable amount of valuable information that is exchanged during these meetings which is beneficial. These meetings keep you abreast of upcoming and ongoing events and the direction of the company. Group participation is very important for the continued growth of LEGRANDE AFFAIRE Limousine Service, Inc. and for all of the employees. Everyone who participates in the meetings has the opportunity to receive and contribute information, which helps to make us a stronger team. Additionally, it is an opportunity to get to know employees from other departments that you have limited or occasional contact with during a normal workday.
Have and acquire complete knowledge of the Bay Area traffic patterns, distances and travel times.
Have knowledge of restaurants, nightclubs, popular bars, concert locations, sports events and other points of interest so that you may offer suggestions to clients. All reservations must be turned over to the sales manager for approval within two (2) hours of having saved the contract in order to have your daily sales figures posted. Service representative are not allowed to keep contracts that are made overnight regardless of how far the date of service is in the future. Service representatives are not authorized to keep contracts over night All contracts must be turned in within two (2) hours of saving the contract. Keeping the contracts will throw off the daily sales calculations for the controller and throw off the daily posting of sales totals.
Service representatives must arrive to work on time and adhere to lunch and break schedules as indicated on the weekly schedule.
No personal telephone calls are allowed during the hours you are scheduled to work without management approval with the exception of emergencies only.
All questions, comments, complaints or concerns must follow the chain of command which is: Service Representative Manager – VP of Corporate Sales – Operations Manager – VP of Operations – General manager.
Service representatives are responsible for keeping their work station and shared areas clean, organized and stocked with all job related items, forms and paper work at all times.
LEGRANDE AFFAIRE Limousine Service, Inc. sales office is open from 7:30AM until 11:00PM Monday through Friday, Saturday from 8:00AM until 11:00PM, and on Sunday from 8:00AM until 9:00PM. Service representative must be flexible in the times they are able to work within these hours. A fourty to fifty hour workweek will be scheduled during these operating hours. LEGRANDE AFFAIRE Limousine Service will try to accommodate your schedule needs to the best of its ability. Time off and vacation requests must be submitted on time off request slips, at least two (2) weeks in advance, to the sales manager. Submitting a request for time off does not guarantee that the request will be honored. LEGRANDE AFFAIRE Limousine Service, Inc. will try to accommodate your requests to the best of its ability.
Refer to the Wage and Commission Agreement for Service Representatives.
EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS and CONTINGENCIES
All new employees are placed on a 90-day introductory period. During this period, the service representative will be instructed and familiarized with company protocol regarding policy, equipment & computer usage, paper work flow procedures, operational procedures, sales techniques, industry overview, with all necessary job training and related functions along with various industry specific information. On the 91st day of employment the employee is eligible for a performance evaluation. Comprehension, capability, compliance with company policy, ability to advance along with all other job related concerns will be determined during this evaluation. Performance evaluations will be scheduled to take place annually, after the initial evaluation. Additional evaluations may take place for advancement, disciplinary, performance monitoring, or any other purpose deemed necessary by management. LEGRANDE AFFAIRE Limousine Service, Inc. reserves the right to terminate employment opportunity immediately with any service representative, which displays disregard for, or poses a threat to, company personnel or equipment. Additionally and foremost, failure to comply with company policy shall be grounds for immediate termination.
Upon completing the 90-day introductory period, the service representative will automatically be added to the company’s current health plan at no cost to the representative. Additional family members and dependents can be added and will be at an additional cost to the employee for which the service representative authorizes LEGRANDE AFFAIRE Limousine Service, Inc. to deduct the cost for the dependent(s) from their paycheck.
The following schedule is the standard vacation plan that is offered by LEGRANDE AFFAIRE Limousine Service, Inc. starting with the first year anniversary. Any variation to the vacation plan must be approved by management. A request for vacation must be submitted on a time off request form at least two weeks in advance. It is recommended that a vacation time off request be submitted as far in advance as possible.
One (1) week paid vacation after one (1) year anniversary of employment.
Two (2) weeks paid vacation after a two (2) year anniversary of employment.
Two (2) weeks paid vacation per year thereafter.
All Service representatives are required to maintain a professional appearance at all times while on LEGRANDE AFFAIRE Limousine Service, Inc. property. Clothing which is found to be distracting, or less than desirable, such as tee shirts, pants with holes, clothing that have racial or offensive slogans, clothing, which is revealing or any other objectionable form of clothing that does not present a professional appearance is not acceptable. Business Casual attire is expected to be worn Monday – Thursday, and Saturday – Sunday. Friday is Polo Day. If a representative arrives to work wearing clothing that is not acceptable, they will be required to change into acceptable clothing before their work day begins. Casual clothing that is professional and clean in appearance is required. Suit and tie for men or business dress for women is preferred and highly recommended.
The ideal service representative is one who is competitive yet a team player and is detail oriented. They are capable and willing to take direction from management. Arrives to work on time and sticks to their schedule. Works at learning more each day and applies that knowledge in their duties. Takes the initiative to develop better methods, and works with management to introduce new, and to refine, established procedures. Performs their duties properly and takes pride in a job well done. Is supportive of their fellow service representatives. Treats their fellow employees and management in a professional and ethical manner. Protects the interests of the company. Attends and participates in all scheduled sales meetings and monthly company meetings. Readily accepts additional responsibilities and duties in an effort to gain industry specific knowledge. Follows the proper chain of command to address and resolve any issues that may arise either personally or professionally. Displays a willingness to work and grow into a management capacity. Participates in promotional and various marketing functions through out the course of the year. Works diligently to develop and maintain corporate clientele. Maintains a professional disposition and appearance at all times, for the benefit of themselves, their fellow service representatives, the clients and management of LEGRANDE AFFAIRE Limousine Service, Inc.
WAGE AND COMMISSION AGREEMENT FOR SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES
Wage and commission structure revised 10/01
Service representatives with LEGRANDE AFFAIRE Limousine Service, Inc. have two (2) options from which to select one (1), as their form of compensation for employment. The two (2) options are titled “Option A” wage & commission, and “Option B” straight commission with a guaranteed draw, as explained in option B.
Certain rules apply to both of the options and they are:
- There are two (2) pay periods within a month, from the 1st day of the month through the 15th day of the month and from the 16th day of the month through to the last day of each respective month. Payroll calculations are based on these time frames and pay day falls on the seventh (7th) day after the end of each pay period. Checks are distributed at 3PM on the 7th day. The only exception is that if the 7th day falls on Saturday or Sunday, payday will carry over to Monday at 3PM.
- All cancelled reservations are subtracted in full from the daily gross total of the service representative on the day that the cancellation takes place.
- If a cancellation takes place from a week where a bonus was paid, and if subtracting the amount of the cancellation causes the sales figures to not qualify for a bonus in the week for which the bonus was paid, the bonus paid will be subtracted from the service representative’s pay in the next pay period.
- The reservation agent is committed to the pay structure that they choose for a minimum of 90 days. A request to change the option may be submitted on the 91st day and it will be considered by management.
- The bonus structure is the same for both Option A & B.
- Perk bonuses are the same for both Option A & B.
- Pay periods are the same for both Option A & B.
- The Chauffeurs fee, License fee, and Gas fee do not apply to the representative’s totals.
- Service representatives who work on a part time basis will have a written addendum to detail the terms, conditions, wages, commissions and all other employment concerns.
The details of the options are as follows:
Wage & Commission
This option offers both a guaranteed hourly wage and commission structure.
- The hourly wage is $7.75 per hour based on a 40-hour workweek.
- The hourly wage for scheduled hours worked over 40 is at a rate of time and a half of the hourly wage.
- Commissions will be paid at a rate of 2% of gross sales, excluding the chauffeurs fee, gas fee and license fee, up to the daily quota and at a rate of 4% for sales above the daily quota, calculated on a daily basis. (see attached wage and commission schedule – commission table for Option A) All overtime hours will be calculated at 1 ½ times the minimum wage. If commission does not exceed this amount, you will receive the hourly pay, whichever is greater.
Straight Commission with a Guaranteed Draw
This option offers a straight commission with guaranteed draw structure.
- The commission is 5.5% (five point five percent) of gross sales, excluding the chauffeurs fee and license fee, up to the daily quota and at a rate of 7% (seven percent) for sales above the daily quota, calculated on a daily basis. (see attached wage comparison sheets.)
- The guaranteed monthly draw is one thousand and eighty dollars ($1080.00) per month to be paid in two (2) equal checks during the normal bi-monthly pay periods. If commissions exceed $1080.00 the service representative will receive the greater amount, which will be the commission amount. If the commission amount is less than $1080.00 for the month, the service representative will receive the $1080.00 guaranteed draw. In this system the service representative will always receive the greater amount.
- Any additional hours scheduled and posted over and above 40 hours will be paid at a rate of $6.75 per hour with the normal time and a half overtime applied and 5.5% (five point five percent) and 7% (seven percent) commission over and above the hourly wage. (see attached wage and commission schedule – commission table for Option B)
EFFECTIVE OCTOBER, 2001
Wage and Commission Schedule – Commission Table
|Term of Employment||Daily Quota||Commission At 2%||Gross Overage||Commission At 4%||Commission Total|
|When You Hit||$1700.00||$32.00||$100.00||$4.00||$36.00|
|6 months + 1 Day-1 Year||
|When you Hit||$1900.00||$36.00||$100.00||$4.00||$40.00|
|1 Year + 1 Day & Beyond||
|When You Hit||$2100.00||$40.00||$100.00||$4.00||$44.00|
The above commission table shows the figures for commissions paid on sales only. The hourly wage, bonuses and perks are to be added to these figures to determine the rate of pay.
EFFECTIVE OCTOBER, 2001
Straight Commission with a Guaranteed Draw – Commission Table
|Term of Employment||Daily Quota||Commission At 5.5%||Gross Overage||Commission At 7%||Commission Total|
|When You Hit||$1700.00||$88.00||$100.00||$7.00||$95.00|
|6 months + 1 Day-1 Year||
|When you Hit||$1900.00||$99.00||$100.00||$7.00||$106.00|
|1 Year + 1 Day & Beyond||
|When You Hit||$2100.00||$110.00||$100.00||$7.00||$117.00|
The above commission table shows the figures for commissions paid on sales only. The bonuses and perks are to be added to these figures to determine the rate of pay.
- Upon completion of training, the daily quota for new service representatives is $2,000.00 per day under Option A and $1,600 per day under Option B.
- Service representatives at six (6) months and one (1) day are expected to achieve their daily quota of a minimum of $2,250.00 per day under Option A for a total of $11,250.00 per week and $2,000.00 per day for a total of $10,000.00 per week for option B.
- At one (1) year plus (1) day and beyond, all service representatives are expected to achieve their daily quota of $2,500.00 per day for a total of $12,500.00 per week.
- Any service representative after three (3) months and one (1) day who does not attain a minimum of $2,000.00 per day, $10,000.00 per week or $40,000.00 per calendar month for two (2) consecutive months will be placed on a thirty (30) day probationary period. If at the end of the probationary period the service representative has not met the quota, they are subject to termination. The probation will be dropped immediately upon obtaining their quota.
On any given day, Monday Through Friday, if the staff consists of only three (3) or less service representatives, the daily quota for each representative who’s tenure is:
- under six (6) months will be $2,000.00.
- six (6) months and one day to one (1) year will be $2,500.00.
- one (1) year and one day and beyond will be $3,000.00.
- During prom season, 4/01 through 6/15 of the calendar year, daily quotas are automatically raised by $400.00 for each representative regardless of tenure.
- Reservations made below established rates and minimums without management approval and initials will not be posted to the service representative’s totals. Those numbers will be posted as miscellaneous sales and commissions will not be paid to the service representative.
Each employee has the option of participating in a Sales and Compensation Pool Agreement. In order to become a part of the pool agreement, you must adhere to the following stipulations:
- Must choose Option B,
- The sales volume will be combined together as a partnership with all other pool participants,
- Commission will be split on all sales generated between all participants,
- Weekly bonuses will be distributed on the total sales volume divided by the number of participants.
- Please refer to the Pool Agreement form for more information.
All hours will be calculated at minimum wage (currently $6.75 per hour) with overtime hours at 1 ½ time minimum wage. If commission does not exceed this amount, you will receive the hourly pay, whichever is greater.
In order to be eligible for the Pool Program, you must be voted in by all existing members of the Pool Program.
This is the performance bonus table. You will receive the following pay bonus as outlined herein. Bonuses are based on net sales amounts. Net amounts are the total of the contract minus the chauffeurs fee and license fee. The service representative of the month award will be given to the individual that exemplifies professionalism to their peers and clients, fulfills their job description, and sets the benchmark for team play.
|4 or more Representatives||3 or more Representatives||2 or less representatives|
|SALES AT 10K PER WEEK:||$100.00||N/A||N/A|
|SALES AT 12K PER WEEK:||$150.00||$100.00||N/A|
|SALES AT 14K PER WEEK:||$200.00||$150.00||N/A|
|SALES AT 16K PER WEEK:||$250.00||$200.00||N/A|
|SALES AT 18K PER WEEK:||$350.00||$300.00||N/A|
|SALES AT 20K OR ABOVE:||$500.00||$450.00||N/A|
SALES SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
FOR THE MONTH
VOLUME BONUS STRUCTURE
Effective August 1, 2001 – special bonus awards are available to all full time customer service/sales representatives. You will receive the following volume pay bonus as outlined herein. Bonuses are based on net sales amounts. Net amounts are the total of the contract minus the chauffeurs fee and license fee. Each bonus is awarded when total commissionable sales reach each achievement level. Sales figures are based on commissionable amounts only and will not include sales booked prior to 8/1/01. Management reserves the right to modify and/or revoke this bonus program at any time at management’s discretion.
- $300,000 in sales – $250 bonus
- $600,000 in sales – $300 bonus
- $1,000,000 in sales – $500 bonus *plus
*Trip for two to Hawaii (airfare and lodging)
- $1,500,000 in sales – $750 bonus
- $2,000,000 in sales -$1,000 bonus *plus
*Cruise for two to Mexico (carnival cruise line)
- $3,000,000 in sales -$1,000 bonus *plus
*Trip for two to Europe – (10 days)
- $4,000,000 in sales -$3,000 bonus
- $5,000,000 in sales -$4,000 bonus
- $6,000,000 in sales -$5,000 bonus
- $7,000,000 in sales -$6,000 bonus
- $8,000,000 in sales -$7,000 bonus
- $9,000,000 in sales -$8,000 bonus
- $10,000,000 in sales -$10,000 bonus *plus
*Trip for two anywhere in the world – (10 days)
Every year thereafter – $10,000 bonus at every million in sales – same formula for additional dollar amounts in between
CORPORATE BONUS STRUCTURE
This is the bonus structure for corporate accounts. When a service representative establishes a corporate account by making initial contact, sending out and following up with all of the appropriate paperwork and credit line application, processes the application and vendor credit references completely, they will receive a one (1) time bonus of $50.00. The service representative must have completed the entire process of establishing the account and the account that is established must use the service a minimum of five (5) times in the course of one (1) month from the date that the account was approved.
LEGRANDE AFFAIRE Limousine Service, Inc. offers numerous sales perks through out the course of the year. The perks are usually based on a competitive or performance format designed to reward the winner for meeting established goals of the contests. These contests vary in length of time and rules, from a daily contest, to weekly & even monthly or quarterly contests. The winners of the contest will receive various prizes, cash bonuses, hotel and vacation accommodations along with many other incentives. The rules of the contests are posted and updates are made periodically as necessary to keep everyone posted as to their respective status. The perk program is designed to motivate and increase sales, reward representatives for a job well done and to induce a healthy sense of competition among the service representatives. All bonuses or perks will not be paid if there is evidence of “Foul Play” or less than professional conduct.
I, the undersigned, have read and fully understand the above stated wage and commission structures. Option A offers an hourly wage and commission. Option B offers the straight commission with a guaranteed draw. The performance bonus structure applies to either option. This agreement supersedes all previous agreements both verbal and written. All other agreements made between LEGRANDE AFFAIRE Limousine Service, Inc. and myself, both verbal and written, are now void. I will receive a performance review upon the successful completion of my 90-day introductory period. I understand that I must adhere to the structure of the pay option I choose for a minimum of 90 days and that I may request to change the option after 90 days and that the request will be subject to management approval.
I understand, agree to, have signed and have received a copy of the service representative job description, wage and commission agreement for service representatives and non-compete agreement. I further understand that employment with LEGRANDE AFFAIRE Limousine Service, Inc. is “At Will” employment and that employment may be terminated at any time by either party. I further understand that professional courtesy dictates that a two (2) week notice of termination is in order. There are no other wages or compensation, in any form, that are not specified within the above listed documents. Any modification, additional agreement(s) of any nature or exclusion of or for, in part or in whole, of any of the above listed documents, must be in the form of a written addendum. No other claims to employment, right of ownership or power of attorney are associated with my employment.